What would YOU do if you had a guaranteed annual income (GAI)? or how might your life have been different when you were younger if you had had a GAI? For some of us, a GAI would make little difference in our lives, but for many, our lives might be (or might have been) quite different if we didn’t have to worry about paying the rent and putting food on the table.
- eat well, because you could finally afford it? worry less and have better quality sleep?
- quit a job you don’t like? start the small business you’ve dreamed of?
- start a community garden? learn to cook? offer cooking workshops to others?
- return annually to the seasonal employment that you love, instead of finding full-year paid work that is less appealing?
- buy the medications that you couldn’t previously afford? go to the dentist?
- write the novel that has been in your head for years? become a dancer? or an athlete? an artist? a musician? a composer?
- start (or finish) an educational program?
- spend more time with your children? look after ailing relatives? mentor young people?
- provide services to clients who can’t afford to pay? attract new clients who can finally afford to pay?
- start an advocacy campaign about something you are passionate about?
- enhance your personal and family life in other ways?
- contribute in other ways to the cultural, social, economic, environmental and political life of your community?